---------------------------------------------------Have you ever heard a message a thousand times and not think it applies to you, and then one day you realize they were talking directly TO YOU! Guilty!
I have heard over and over the message that sometimes you have to give up GOOD in exchange for GREAT. For some reason this has never sunk in with me, or I thought it applied to other people, not me! But the Holy Spirit has been very talkative to me this week and I need to make some changes.
My sweet friend Teri Lynne over at Pleasing To You (Now TerriLynneUnderwood.com )ran several posts this week about Anti-Balance(you'll have to go read it to find out what that is!). One of her exercises was to write down EVERYTHING you do and then prioritize that list. I didn't get my list down on paper yet, but it has been simmering in my head all week. I have decided that some good things need to go in exchange for concentrating on great things.
This blog has featured some of those "good" things of which I am choosing to let go. I love crafty things. If I see something on the internet that is total cuteness, I know I can figure it out and make it. And I usually do. But do I need to? Take a look at what my office looks like right now:
Stop the madness!
Yes, you are seeing that right, there is hardly floor space to walk through the room. (And those Pringles cans aren't mine, my 8 year old is addicted!) I love crafting and creating, as you've seen in my Etsy shop. But the amount of time spent on random projects is stealing time away from other things that I love even more.
It will be hard to let go of some things:
- I've loved beading for years, but I love stamping more
- I've had fun making fabric flower barrettes for my girls, but I love scrapbooking more
- I've had fun experimenting with polymer clay, but I love gardening more
- I've had fun making washer necklaces, but I love blogging more
- Spending more time reading/studying my Bible and related materials
- Surrendering everything to God in prayer
- Pouring intentional Godly training into my 3 girls
- Keeping my home running smoothly-groceries, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Husband knows he is always at the top of my list, but I'll concentrate on keeping him there!
- Continue blogging here