The official website for Earth Day is sponsoring a sign up on their site, asking everyone to do their part. Many are simple tasks really, but when you consider that millions of people are making a small step, it very quickly becomes a large step forward for all of us. Check out their website for great ideas on how you can make a difference.
A few ideas, you could commit to:
- turning off the lights when you leave the room
- use reusable bags instead of plastic bags
- wash clothes in cold water
- turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth
- recycle whenever possible
- stop buying plastic water bottles
- buy local produce
- use only rechargeable batteries
- walk or bike instead of driving
- plant a tree (Lowe's is giving away free trees today, up to one million)
- take a class on eco-friendly ideas (Home Depot has several free classes for kids and adults)
We're all in this together! Let's do what we can to save our Planet Earth!