A few weeks ago on the Completing Him Challenge, Courtney asked us to talk with our husbands about how he would rank in order of importance the things I do for him around the house, putting them in a Top 5 list. Obviously, it has taken Husband and I a few weeks to get this down on paper and time to discuss it.
I knew when I asked him to do this, that I might be surprised by a few things on his list. What shocked me though, was that a few things I thought for sure would be on there, were not! So here is his list:
- Keep the living room picked up and vacuumed(family of 5, you know the story)
- Keep the car clean(dog travels with me sometimes, very hairy)
- Keep our room picked up(slow at putting laundry away and books everywhere)
- Keep the yard picked up(garden tools and kids toys)
- Keep the kids consistent on chores, piano and reading(I lose momentum)
Communicating with our spouses is so very important. It gets lost in the chaos of life sometimes. Even a simple conversation like this can refocus your marriage and get you both going in the same direction.