Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Who Do You Want To Be? Victim or Warrior?


Who do you want to be today?

That question is written in red across my bathroom mirror.

It's a question I need to ask myself everyday so that I do not get distracted by Satan's schemes for me.  He has lots of labels, lies and distractions that he sends our way, all in an attempt to separate us from God and who God says we are in Christ Jesus.

So when I answer that question in my mind every morning, I remind myself that I am a warrior.  It is simple to fall into "victim" status before we are even aware of what is happening. Trust me, I have been there more times than I can count!  We soon take a downward spiral and feel suddenly helpless.

Girlfriend, you are a Child of God, the Most High and Magnificent King!  Claim it!

Each morning remind yourself that Satan has no power over you.  GOD has his power WITHIN you.  Don't allow yourself to become victim and fall prey to those labels of self destruction.

Be encouraged by this scripture from The Message translation of Ephesians 6:

"God is strong, and he wants you to be strong.  Take everything the master has for you, well made weapons of the best materials and put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the devil throws your way.  Be prepared. You are up against far more than you can handle on your own.  Take all the help you can get so that when it's all over you'll still be on your feet."

So who do you want to be?  Victim or Warrior?  I don't say this in jest.  You have to decide.  Do not let fear be your guide.

"When the enemy oppresses, it is always because he fears what we might become.  Remember, oppressors are shrewd, but more often than not they are also afraid. On some level they fear the very ones they seek to oppress.  They fear your strength will put them at risk."  ~Lisa Bevere, Girls with Swords

Let's get out those God-given weapons and fight!!

"Face forward, stand your ground, lift your sword, 
and let the enemy see the lovely face of a hero." 

  ~Lisa Bevere, Girls with Swords #girlswithswords

No comments:

Post a Comment