Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Let's Do 52 - Safety in Jesus Shadow-Week 2


"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty."

A recent photo challenge I am taking part in posted shadow as the word of the week.  It immediately brought scripture to mind and I pictured a representation of staying within Jesus' shadow.

Many times in my life I have suffered the consequences of wandering outside the shadow of Jesus. I've left his side too many times to count.  I didn't walk away, but I meandered, ventured off the path, lost my focus.

What I've learned is that staying within that shadow, staying close to Jesus, close enough to hear him speak softly, close enough to see his eyes, and feel his presence...those are the times I am blessed beyond measure.  

What does it take to stay in Jesus' shadow?  Walk closely with him.  When he moves, you move with him.  When he speaks, you are close enough to hear him.  When he grieves, you mourn with him.  It's not easy. It takes diligence, concentration, and obedience.  As the scripture above states, we must live 
in the shadow of the Most High, and then will will find rest.

Best rest assured, Jesus wants you there...next to him, talking with him, following him. close enough for him to put his arm around you and encourage you.  

Stay in his shadow, friend and may his peace rest upon you.

2 comments:

  1. This is so good, and just what I needed to read tonight. Over the last few years, as trials and hardships have come, I've allowed myself to venture off the path. I am so thankful for a God who continually pursues me, even when I turn from Him. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Ps 91 years ago and really grasping what the writer was saying... that in order to rest in the shelter of the Most High, you had to be in his shadow...that is, as you said, close to Him. Such powerful imagery. Love it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete