Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

One Word 2017 - SHINE


Hello world!!

Let me just take a minute to brush the cobwebs off the ol' blog!

Yes, it has been quite a long time since I sat down, just me and blogger with my thoughts.

Much has happened in that great big gap in time, and I promise to share much of it with you, but today I just wanted to hop in here for a moment to share my One Word for 2017 -- SHINE!

It came quite quickly out of nowhere a few days ago.  I wasn't sure I was going to choose a word this year, but as some of you know, sometimes the word chooses you!!  When it shows up in several places in the space of a few days, you kinda know you've been chosen.

SHINE:

         to give forth or glow with light; shed or cast light.


to be bright with reflected light; glisten; sparkle.
(of light) to appear brightly or strongly, especially uncomfortably so:
Wear dark glasses so the sun won't shine in your eyes.
to be or appear unusually animated or bright, as the eyes or face.
to appear with brightness or clearness, as feelings.
to excel or be conspicuous:

If you've read any of my blog, you'll know that these are not normal descriptors of my personality! But over the last year, much has changed.....which I can't wait to tell you about.....but for now, just know that I have a fresh perspective and want to SHINE!!



So when I saw this bracelet in a beautiful boutique I was visiting, I just knew I had to have it.  Because I don't want to shine for my own purposes, I want to SHINE FOR JESUS.  He created me for this world, every unique thing about me, and He has commanded me to be the light of this world.  I searched His word for these great reminders:


"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16"


"For God, who said, “Let light out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ." Corinthians 4:6

"Restore us, God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved." Psalm 80:7

"The LORD is God, and he has made his light shine on us." Psalm 118:27

I'm truly loving this word as such a great reminder to be ever conscious of how I am acting and reacting to others, both at work and at home.

Here's to a great 2017!

 SHINE!

6 comments:

  1. I am happy, hallelujah dancing at this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word. We do need to be the light for the world and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when we find tangible reminders of our Word of the Year. Last year my daughter's boyfriend (now her husband!) made a wall hanging of my One Word "Welcome." And hints have been coming that he's making a new one for me for this year's One Word "Story." I'm exciting. I love your bracelet. It definitely shines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word, Cherie! May Jesus shine through you this year in all you do.

    ReplyDelete