Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Let's Do 52 - Week 1


I decided to take part in a photography project this year through 2 Lil' Owls called Let's Do 52.   Feel free to click over and learn more about it and join us.  There are loads of us participating on her Facebook page.  Denise creates beautiful textures to use with photography.  This is a great way to keep me practicing photography because sometimes I go far too long without ever snapping a photo!

This last week's prompt was Something from Everyday.  I chose a to snap a pic of my bible and journaling.  I try most days to sit down and write out scripture.  I used to follow a monthly prompt from a couple ladies online, but decided I would get more out of it if I just started writing out entire books of the bible.  Writing it out makes me slow down in my reading and concentrating on what I am writing.  So far I have written my way through Ephesians and Philippians, an am half way through Colossians.  I don't use a fancy journal, just a composition notebook, which seems to be a good size for me.  I write big, so I like wide ruled!  I don't set any particular numbers of verses or time constraint.  I just write until I feel I am finished for the day.  Sometimes that is a couple of verses, sometimes it is several pages.

I find it a great way to be in the word everyday, slowing down enough to soak it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment