Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Prone to Love; a book about God's Love



We all feel like we are falling at one time or another in our Christian walk.  The depth of our faith determines whether we think God will catch us on the way down.

The last year has been extremely hard on me as I have been fighting a longer bout of anxiety and depression.  You can read more about that here.

I've been reading a book entitled "Prone to Love" by Jason Clark.  His message is that God is love and He is always good.  While I innately believe both of those statements, I have deduced that I am not living those statements.   Jason states,

"When I lean into this faith, when I live expecting His goodness regardless of my circumstances, then my heart is open for an encounter, a revelation, a new experience with the power of His love."

I haven't doubted His love for me, but I have been living a defeated life style, feeling the weight of my current circumstances and allowing that weight to pull me down, away from the presence of God.

But what if we live more expectantly of those moments when we see the Father's love, when we brush up against  His presence,  Those are the moments that can transform our faith and those are the moments that I long for with my Savior.

This book has challenged me to think differently.  I will share more from the book next week.

How about you?  Are you living defeated or expectantly?

5 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of living expectantly no matter what our circumstances dictate. And I also really like your photography digital art esp the one with the flower and the words "Believe you can." Best of luck with this worthwhile endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your transparency! God is love! Thanks for being resl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your transparency! God is love! Thanks for being resl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to learn to live expectantly all the time.

    (Visiting your blog through 31 Day Survivors Group on Facebook.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been both places. But these days I'm trying to stay in the moment and be content. xo

    ReplyDelete