Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Our Fall Mantel




Fall weather is here! This is one of my favorite seasons to decorate, with the bright colors and wonderful smells that come with it.  My house is filled with the scent of cinnamon right now!


Tonight was our first night to turn on the fireplace.  It's a small gas lit fireplace, but it fits this wall perfectly and we really enjoy it.


I've recently discovered that I have a "liking" for small books.  They look adorable up there next to my blue Ball jars.


I picked up this old measuring tape at an auction recently.  I think it adds a little vintage charm to the mix.


One of my favorite features in the living room is this galvanized bucket with pinecones, lights, and birch trees from our cabin in Canada.  I just love the warm glow of the lights in the bucket.


Birch trees are my favorite tree, so my oldest daughter found this light up birch tree and gave it to me for Christmas last year.

We are so incredibly blessed to have the home and family that we do.  God has taken such amazing care of us.  Our home is warm and cozy, a safe haven from the real world.  It is amazing to think that God is preparing a perfect place for us in heaven.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."  John 14:1-3

My home is my safe place, but Jesus is preparing THE perfect home for us.  I can't wait for our heavenly Welcome Home!

4 comments:

  1. the fireplace is freestanding? I want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations. And cinnamon is one of my fave scents in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fall as well, your decorations are beautiful, and that tape measure you made into a star is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this got me in the mood to decorate! I think I will climb up in the attic right now & get going on decorating around here. I love the wooden tape measure star too! Everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete