Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Captive to Depression


Once again, depression and anxiety have taken me captive.

It haunts me, it follows me, it hunts me.  Always present, just lurking in the shadows for the opportune time to take me down.

So now I'm here again.  I feel exactly like David in the Psalms:

Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; Do not let the flood waters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me.  Answer me, O Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly for I am in trouble.   Psalm 69:14-17

I'm missing work again.  It's been an incredibly difficult year for me.  Part of being overwhelmed by the depression is my loss of words. It's difficult to talk as thoughts and emotions are so jumbled up in my head.  A difficult problem to have when my job is greeting visitors, answering phones and helping students.  Monday I only made it about 3 hours before I just couldn't do it anymore.  I hardly even have words for my family.

I appreciate any prayers you would like to lift up on my behalf.  My Savior has me in the palm of his hand.  And I wait on His timing to break me free of the heavy chains of my depression.

14 comments:

  1. It's hard to deal with depression. I could say many words to you but they will be small and insignificant compare how you feel yourself.

    I will pray for you that some day you become better. That you will be healed.

    May God bless your heart and answer all your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie, this prayer is for you and I will add it to my prayer box.

    Lord God lift Cherie from the depths of her depression with loving hands reveal to her a new path of peace and joy through Christ our Lord. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherie, you are in my prayers. I am struggling with depression these days too, and a loss of words, but it hasn't caused me to miss work or anything. Praying God will reveal His heart to you in this season. He is the lifter of your head. Look up, my friend. Look up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbie. I have thought of you also, knowing you are not at your best either. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  4. Praying the Prince of Peace meets you with life and light and the lifting of the depression. He is so very faithful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He IS faithful! I am leaning on Him every day!

      Delete
  5. Father God, I pray that You fill Cherie with courage and strength to face her daily activities. Let Your joy flooded her heart. Your peace saturate her soul. Open her eyes to see the beauty in herself and around her and fill her with longing to explore the world around her without fear.
    Remove the bondage of depression in Jesus mighty name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I am seeking out that beauty around me!

      Delete
  6. One mistake people do is to trust "saviors" to help them out. They don´t! It was them who started the problems in the first place. The only thing you can do is getting pissed, bite your teeth and prove them wrong. Do what need to be done to get a better life. Among other things, use your art! It will take time, but it works! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own and only Savior is Jesus Christ. He never leaves me or forsakes me. He is my Rock. He is the giver of the art and creativity that courses through my veins, and yes, I will use that as part of my healing process, giving thanks to Him who gave it to me!

      As always, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. As Grenville Kleiser says,"Good humor is a tonic for mind and body.It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression.It is a business asset.It attracts and keeps friends.It lightens human burdens.It is the direct route to serenity and contentment."

    Lillie Jensen.

    ReplyDelete