Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Created to Live Our Dreams

That little blogging break was a bit longer than I intended.  I've been busy wrestling.  

Wrestling with myself.

Wrestling with Satan.

Wrestling with God.

It's messy.

At the beginning of the year I wrote a quote in my calendar:  


"Go after your dreams, God created you to live them!"



God has blessed me with a creative spirit.  I love photography and photoshop, stamping and art journaling, papercrafting and digital art.  It feeds my soul. My studio is full of scrapbook paper, ribbon, stamps, ink, punches, cameras, paints, chipboard, lace, books, stickers, fabric, thread, markers, charms, embellishments and everything in between!  As I look around me, I am surrounded by everything I love.

Working full time away from home doesn't allow me much time to do be in the studio creating.  And when I don't have time to fit that into my life, I can feel it deep within me.  An aching to create, an aching for color, for design, for decorating.  It fills me up.  And I believe with all my heart that God created that within me.  It is part of who I am.

So I'm working through it.  Trying to figure out how God might use this creativity He gifted me with to glorify His name.  I'm praying about how I could put my creativity to work for my family as an income stream.

So thanks for sticking it out with me here.  I am hoping to get back to a regular writing AND creating schedule!!




12 comments:

  1. I know you will find the answer soon. Brings me to Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." NSB
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cherie - that blogging break gave you time to ponder; that blogging break gave you time to dream - and you are right, "God DID create you to live (your dreams)!" Praying you find the way - His way - do reach that goal, that dream...

    Your description of all that crafting stuff - sounds a bit like me!! My thing is, I am retired - and yet, still find I am not creating that much at home! Making headway with clearing things out enough to get to the craft table!!

    Thanks for sharing - hope you are encouraged enough to keep on dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't intend to take a break this week, but somehow life got crazy last week and I just said it was okay to take a mini break. I think that blogging requires you to give so much and sometime you give and what you get back in return isn't enough to keep pushing to share. I hope you find the encouragement and desire you are looking for. We are here to support you and will be ready when you are ready to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you back. I think we have all had times when we have wrestled with God. I know I have. We are a lot like Jacob in his own wrestling. When I left a congregation and started a new call, I preached about my own wrestling with God. Here is a link to that sermon:
    http://thefaith-filledwriterinme.blogspot.com/2013/10/wrestling-with-god-sermon-for-10-20-13.html. I hope this blesses you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God did give you an abundance of gifts and I believe HE will be faithful to show you what you are asking. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe so often obedience is key to unlocking our dreams. Keep wrestling it out and doing what the Spirit advises, and I know God will use your gifts for his glory! Love, a fellow creative spirit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be encouraged. I am in a similar place trying to figure out how it all fits in, but from one creative personality to another I do hope that you will find time to nourish that part of you. God has it all under control. He created you and gave you those dreams, just like your quote says!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you checked in! I know what it's like to long to create and not have much time to do it. I know God has big plans for those desires He's placed in you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to be free to be creative. I hate all that other stuff that gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photo. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds pretty familiar, Cherie. I am also always struggling to find a balance between my every day worklife and my creative side that never seems to be getting enough time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post, Cherie ~ most of us go through those feelings ~ tis life! Beautiful macro shot!

    Happy Week coming to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete