Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Siesta Sister Memory Team Paper Art Tag


I'm memorizing scripture this year with Beth Moore over at Living Proof Ministries every two weeks. I decided this week I would choose a longer section of scripture and then break it into smaller chunks so when a couple of months passes, I have a whole scripture passage memorized.  They may not be complete sentences, but they will be by the end!

I started my tag with Distress Inks by Tim Holtz.  Then I added modeling paste to make the swirl.


I discovered just recently that there was a product to spray on these stencils so that they stay put!  Stencil Adehesive!!  Just spray a light coat on the back of your stencil and smooth it down over your surface.  What a difference this makes!  No more colors seeping in under the edges!!


When my paste was dry I laid the stencil back over the paste so I could sponge some ink over the top.


Then I had these flowers laying around that I had made for a different project, but went a different direction.  They are just book pages I ran through the Sizzix and then colored with some spray ink and Distress inks.  The flower was a little too close in color to the tag color, so I took a white paint pen to a few places on the tips, as well as some bronze Stickles to define the edges a bit.

I added my scripture part and DONE!


When I am done, my whole scripture passage will be Ephesians 3:14-21!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cherie, thanks for coming over to visit my blog and leaving your lovely comment. I thought I'd drop by your blog and was delighted to find such beautiful, creative things. You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete