Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Photo Art Thursday - Issue 7



I am loving learning new things in Photoshop!  This is a cool scatter technique that you mask the photo and use a scatter brush to take pieces off of the photo and then use the brush in the same color on a different layer to make it look like pieces of the flower are blowing off!  (clear? LOL!)  I added a little water splash just for some drama and some background watercolor brushes.

I want to show you this very cool magazine that I picked up recently.  It's called Photoshop Tips, Tricks & Fixes.  It is printed in the UK, but I found mine at a local bookstore.  I paid a hefty newsstand price, but if you get a subscription it is a TON cheaper!  It is jam packed with fantastic content, and you can also download materials from their website to go along with the tutorials.  That is where I learned this technique.



It has very clear step by step instructions to follow.  I really like it and will be getting a subscription myself!

What have you been working on this week?

Care to share?

Jump on in and show us your photo art!


3 comments:

  1. I like your picture. Just the other day I watched a tutorial on how to create this effect, but due being away on vacation I haven't really done much these days.
    Thanks for the info on the magazine. One can never have enough tips on Photoshop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower, mysterious full, pure art, delicious photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower, mysterious full, pure art, delicious photo!

    ReplyDelete