Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I See You In The Dark Fighting Depression




I know you don't want to be seen

but I see you

hiding in the dark

trying to let the world pass by without you.

I know those feelings:

hurt

fear

hopeless

empty

The tears come for no reason

you don't answer the phone

you don't care about email and facebook.

laundry, groceries, bills, cooking, homework

every bit of it is overwhelming.

Your family isn't sure what to think...

they are scared too.

They don't know what to do.

You want to be left alone.

I know your heart is in a silent scream for help

but no one can hear

You are afraid to tell anyone

no one can understand.

They'll judge you.

They'll think poorly of you.



But my lovely, I understand.

I know, I've been there with you in the dark.

it's depression

it's dark

it's lonely

it's anxiety

it's hard

it's frustrating

it's confusing.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Depression is a world wide epidemic.  

Millions of us understand.

But I do know you can talk about it.

YOU can talk about it.

YOU can get some help from your doctor

YOU can get some help from a friend

YOU can get some help from a counselor

YOU can get some help from your church

Don't suffer alone.

Find someone to talk to.

I see you alone in the dark.

The light is coming back soon.

You can make it, with a little help.

You have to make it.

Because the world needs you.

YOU are one of a kind.

YOU are marvelous.

YOU CAN DO THIS!




When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever believes in me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  John 8:12







12 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your post on Facebook this morning. I think I lost touch and didn't realize you had a new blog! Here I am. This is beautiful and I can relate to feelings of depression on my current hard journey. I am thankful that God has allowed me to talk through my hard with so many supportive friends, near and far. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BARBIE! I'm sorry, I should have reached out to you, although I have been following your posts on FB, so I know you are still struggling and I am so sorry about that. I pray things will ease for you soon! Hugs my friend!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful, touching words! Though I don't suffer from depression, there have been times when I did; or when I feel almost like what you wrote. Praying these words help even one person to reach out to someone and not continue to be in it alone!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!! It is so time to break the stigma and the silence. My mom and my sis both live daily with a mental illness. I'm going to share this with my friend who is struggling with depression too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. If nothing else, I hope every woman who reads this realizes they are not alone.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful poem and hopefully an inspiration to anyone dealing with depression to know they are not alone and can reach out for help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! My daughter has suffered from depression and it's the most heart-wrenching thing ever for family members--so much confusion (and despite good insurance, so little understanding on the part of insurers). Thank you for speak up and sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gone through it enough that I know what to expect and ride it out. I feel the worst for my children having to watch. It is so hard! Just being there for your daughter is the best medicine!

      Delete
  6. Sweet Cherie, thank you for sharing this! This is beautiful and is exactly the kind of thing I am hoping will happen with more people. It is what I was trying to do with my own post yesterday. Thank you, by the way for stopping by and commenting on it. Thank you for being open and vulnerable. You are marvelous too, my friend! (((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, don't you label every heart-wrenching feeling? This is wonderful. Praying hearts feel known because of this offering.

    ReplyDelete