Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Photo Art Thursday - Issue 5

Light Dispels Darkness


Today's art is a personal piece for me.  I've struggled with depression and anxiety (read more about that on Tuesday's post)for about 20 years now, and I've always had this scene in my mind when I am struggling -- that the darkness is always just a step behind me ready to overtake me.  But I am ever reminded to seek the light and keep walking forward.

I thought it might be fun today to share some of the original pieces of photography that went into this.







Then I used several textures and blending modes to get the end result.  I am a member of the Dollar Photo Club which is where I got several of these photos.  You can also find royalty free photos at Unsplash.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Unsplash.

So what kind of art are you making?  Ready to share?




2 comments:

  1. I really love this piece, Cherie. And I also like that you are showing us what photos went into it. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Cherie! I find such creative work to be so very therapeutic when working/walking through difficult stuff. Happy to link up again.

    ReplyDelete