Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Photo Art Thursday - Issue 4



Welcome to Photo Art Thursday!  I can't wait to see what everyone has been working on this week.  I have gone out of my comfort zone BIG TIME with this one!  I don't usually work with models or closeups, but I was challenged to work on something different.

I have to say, I don't know that I am completely satisfied with this piece.  It is no where near what I was thinking to begin with, but I didn't like the direction it was going.  I need to look up a tutorial on mapping.  Have you guys heard of it?  I wanted to put some things on her face, but of course, they all looked just flat.  So I need to learn that new technique.

As with all learning experiences I moved around a ton of layers, deleted, tried again.....you guys know what I'm talking about right?  When you have a vision in your head but can't seem to get your art to follow suit?

So here she is.  Lady.

So I can't wait to see your art for the week.  Shall we get started?



3 comments:

  1. She's wonderful. Loving the added peacock feathers. - I wish I knew more about layering and such. I have (Gimp) but no clue on how to use it properly even though I bought a book on using it, it's still pretty "greek" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there is so much to discover in your image. Lots of things you have to wait for to emerge and show their presence. Love that you are stretching yourself and willing to share something you're not sure is totally finished. Thank you for making this place . . . I hope more will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely know the feeling of not being 100 % satisfied with what I do - talking about being a perfectionist, right?! e.g. I love the way you layered this so that the lines are drawing you to her face. I think you should keep on exploring, who knows what you will find?!

    ReplyDelete