Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Siesta Sister Memory Team




As part of my One Word for 2015, I have decided to participate in Beth Moore's Siesta Sister Memory Team.  We will memorize 2 verses per month of our choice.  Sounds pretty easy, huh?  I am going to memorize verses that will help me with my WALK journey this year.

Part two of my WALK statement is to Walk with Christ to stay strong and confident.  Memorizing scripture is a sure way to stay strong and confident!  Like a strong, beautiful tree, our roots must grow deep to keep us stable.

Yesterday I shared the definition:

walk:  to advance or travel on foot at a moderate speed or pace
proceed by steps; move by advancing the feet alternately 
so that there is always one foot on the ground.

My walk recently has neither advanced or moved!  Walking is put in motion by putting one foot in front of the other.  Our faith can be the same way.  Sometimes without even realizing it, we have become statues, stuck in one spot, neither advancing or moving.

My first verse to memorize will be this:

"He jumped to his feet and began to walk.  Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking, jumping and praising God."  Acts 3:8

If you are familiar with the story, this man had been a cripple his entire life.  Peter and John happen upon him and heal him.  It inspired me.  I want to JUMP to my feet and WALK again.  I want to walk, jump and praise the Lord!

I feel the Lord has big things in store for me this year, especially in the area of my artistic journey.  I can't wait to see what He has for me!

This felt an appropriate verse to begin the new year.  Awaken!  Walk!  Jump!  Get moving!!

If you'd like to join in this journey, head over to Beth's blog to sign up your first verse of the year.  It is super easy, just leave a comment with you name and the verse you are memorizing!  As I am writing this post, there were over 8,000 entries.  Now THAT is a sisterhood I want to be a part of....Women in the Word!





No comments:

Post a Comment