Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Photo Art Thursday Link Up - Issue 1



Welcome!

A couple years ago I very much enjoyed taking part in a weekly Photo Art link up.  There are some amazing photo artists out there, and their work is both astounding and inspiring.  The link up that I had formerly followed is no longer active, so I decided to start my own.  I hope if you are a photo artist that you will come along for the ride and show off your talent!

I have been a student of Sebastian Michael's Photoshop Artistry course for a year or so, and I have to say it is quite amazing.  If you are serious about learning Photoshop, there is no better course out there.  It is self-paced, affordable, and inspiring!

The photo I am sharing was inspired by one of his lessons, and I have to say I am really happy with it.  It was a long process, over 2 hours long, but I was learning and experimenting as I went.  When you have a vision before you start, sometimes it takes awhile to get there!

Do you have some photo art to share?  New or old, feel free to link up.  Since I am just getting this party started, I think I will leave the link-up open this first time for several days.  I can't wait to see your ART!



18 comments:

  1. Cherie, the class you mention sounds very appealing. I must do something about creating my own images, etc. The piece you headline is beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie, I'm in the middle of a move to Florida, but once we're settled there next month I'd love to participate in your photo art prompt. I will follow your blog so I get future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by in the middle of a move! Would love to have you join us. How I've missed everyone's art pieces!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could link up here with you! Not a phot-art participant yet. YET! So much artistry to be enjoyed....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome, going to away next week, but will look you up next month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO cool! I just love your art, from what I have seen. Great job, this should be a fun link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not dipped my toes into photo art yet, but this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is the photo taker and editor in this house. He uses Lightroom to edit all his photos. I am so blessed to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece, Cherie, really like the way the frame and the shore 'fence in" the proud waves. Thanks for the invite to join the linky. I have so been missing Photo Art Friday as well. I hope you get a really good response.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just joined as a result of following Andrea and her work. Not sure what or when I can contribute but would like to be inspired by the posts I read here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping over Ken. I hope you can join us at some point. I'd love to see some of your art!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful work, Cherie. That color of the ocean is one of my favorite (pretty soon I'm going to see it for real) and you framed it's wave perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a cool way of drawing in peoples attention to your art. I love the way you create textures and layers within the layers. It's like I'm peeking into another world. MindBlowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your piece is gorgeous. I love the ocean and I love the way you've mixed the frame and the photo together. Thanks for the invite to join in. I've been ill this past week so have not been on the computer much. I will try to participte when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shot, Cherie. I may just take your recommendation on that course as I'm a bit at sea with Photoshop. It's so daunting when you log in and see sooo many options. All the best, Bonny

    ReplyDelete