Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Photo Art Thursday - Issue 2

Welcome back!  I so hope that more of my artsy friends are able to join us this week.  I've heard from many of you that will jump in when the time is right, and I can't wait to have you!

Along the way I may issue some prompts or challenges, but for now, I just want to get everyone comfortable and participating, so our first several weeks will be any photo art you would like to showcase, new or old.

I have very few rules, but this one I am adamant about.  If you want to participate in the link up, you must be willing to visit other's work and COMMENT.  We are all a work in progress, as is our art, and hearing others opinions and thoughts help us grow and become more confident in our work.  So if you can't make that commitment this week, wait for a week that you can.  There is nothing worse than putting yourself out there and getting zero comments.  Makes you feel like your art is a failure.  I want to create a community of support and encouragement as artists!  Are you with me???  YES! Then let's get started!

{I'm so excited!!}

This week I worked on a project that came to me while singing a song at church.  Friends, this rarely happens, so I knew I had to go with it.  I'm hoping my inspiration has perked up as a result of studying with Sebastian Michaels, so I hope it continues!



Let the ruins come to life, In the beauty of Your Name, 
Rising up from the ashes, God forever You reign. 
  And my soul will find refuge, In the shadow of Your wings, 
I will love You forever, And forever I'll sing .
         From the song Glorious Ruins, performed by Hillsong Live

This is the first time I have used so many photos (Dollar Club) layered on one another.  Then of course, several textures and brushes to give it some depth and grunge.

Now it's your turn!  Let the fun begin!





11 comments:

  1. Wow that is just amazing. I love it. It really matches well with the lyrics of the song. I'm really quite the amatuer with photo art so I hope that what I've done is okay. - I don't have Photo Shop so I play around with what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful, I love the way the Dove stands out from the scene. this is a good idea and i might particpate since i am a PicMonkey and Photoshop addict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you join us! Thanks for hopping over!!

      Delete
  3. PS I visited Ida and came here because of her post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cherie, I saw you at Ida:s place. I have a meme too called NF DAM, Digital Art Meme. Opens of wednesdays. It is not easy to get participants nowadays and my meme is still small after a lot of weeks. You are welcome to join in mine too. I have a list in my sidebar for memes like this I will put you in there. :) I think photo art is worth working for but I think FB and other sites is spoiling it for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've stopped by and told me about your meme! I will definitely come over an check it out!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful layering, and just gorgeous colors, Cherie. And I am sorry, but my piece is not done yet, so I cannot link up. I hope to have it done for my very own link up on Saturday. Maybe you'll drop by and check it out, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made it back and your photo art is gorgeous!!

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love the rich colours and all the details that don't show at first but reveal themself with a closer look. Great song to be inspired by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating Andrea! I love your watercolor trees!

      Delete