Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

My One Word Update - Week 3


So we are already at the 12th day of January!  Have you seen any changes in your new year?  Is your One Word making a difference for you?  How are you going about making your word a reality?

I continue to read that we can't be successful with change unless we have measurable goals, so I thought I would try to keep myself accountable by sharing with you what I have been doing with my word.

In the last week have walked on our treadmill 3 times.  I would like to see that number increase, but for the first part of the month, that is pretty good for me, considering we didn't have much of a schedule around here with vacation finishing up and a few snow days thrown in.

I am taking part in a couple of different places online that will keep me active in my quest to continue being active seeking Christ.  First I have joined a very talented group of ladies over at the Journaling Bible community on Facebook, led by Shanna Noel.  As a whole, we are journaling or making art in our bibles when we are studying scripture as a way to both worship God and grow closer to Him.  I have seen some magnificent artwork, as well as some fantastic doodling and word art.  I love that the group is so diverse so everyone fits in!

I have just recently discovered a very cool website called His Kingdom Come.  This site is all about using art to worship our Creator.  There are tons of different groups to join, depending on your interests and artistic gifts.  Honestly, I wanted to join every one of them!  I decided to follow and try to take part in two groups, Take Me Deeper and Logos365.

Then I saw a great group forming over at Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries site called Siesta Sister Memory Team.  You simply commit to memorizing two scriptures a month for the entire year.  Well this fell very nicely into my Walk theme, so I am choosing to memorize scripture that help solidify my one word.  I'll share more on that tomorrow.

So that's what I have been up to.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment