Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

My One Word - 2015




walk:  to advance or travel on foot at a moderate speed or pace
proceed by steps; move by advancing the feet alternately 
so that there is always one foot on the ground.


I don't believe I chose this word, it chose me.  I wasn't really pondering a word for the year.  I don't really believe in resolutions because they are rarely realized.   As I watched my social stream running over days and weeks near the end of 2014, this word would not leave my consciousness.  It came to me over and over again in many different contexts, and I began to think that God has something big in store for me this year.  So I began to pay more attention to that word that kept appearing in my minds eye.  I mulled over other words, thought about words I saw others choosing, all to continue coming back to this word:  walk.

Not a fancy word my any means.  Nothing beautiful about it, just an ordinary word, an activity we do without thinking, our brains hardwired to obey our feet in motion.  Ahh there's the rub...our brains are on autopilot to walk in the physical sense.  But have I been on autopilot in other areas of life, just mindlessly going about the motions?

So as the days went by, I began to realize there were three areas of this word "walk" that would be my focus for 2015.  As I settled on these three, my heart was at peace.  I mean a real, "YES" feeling of knowing this is what God has in store for me this year.  I'm excited.  That means a lot.  You see New Year's never really mean much to me.  But this year I feel something different.  Something deep down inside just waiting to boil over and I am giddy with excitement and expectation.

May God lead me on this path he has for me.

  1. WALK in faith.....to grow in courage
  2. WALK with Christ.....to stay strong and confident
  3. WALK for health.....to find wellness

"He jumped to his feet and began to walk.  Then he went with them into the temple courts walking and jumping and praising God."  Acts 3:18

January 1st - it is time to jump to my feet, begin a new journey walking and jumping and praising God!!!

Where might your feet lead you in 2015?





5 comments:

  1. Cherie, I knew I wrote on "walk" somewhere in the archives - so I went and looked, maybe this will give another perspective on your oneword 2015! http://hopehearthome.com/?p=417

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your word resonates with me so much! I am working on going live with my first website (I have just been on blogger) and the theme of the website is walking. Walking for health, walking with the Lord, walking with others. --I haven't found my word for the year yet. I hope it is okay if I share yours. :) Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that way about how my word came to me too. It totally chose me! I haven't written my oneword365 post yet. But am hoping to within a day or so. May you be blessed by your word this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great word! It's really different from all the others I have seen, but I love how it can be physical and spiritual.

    ReplyDelete