Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Top 10 Reasons I Love Thanksgiving


I love Thanksgiving.  Like many of you, I spent the weekend with family and loved every minute of it.  I thought I'd recap my favorite things about Thanksgiving.

1.  Turkey!  I don't know why I don't cook it more often, and as of right now, I'm gonna commit to making it more frequently.

2.  Stuffing.  Yum.  Who would ever guess that a product made mostly of bread would be so good?

3. Mashed potatoes and gravy.  Potatoes are NOTHING without homemade gravy.  No jar gravy for this family.  It's gotta be homemade.  It really isn't that hard.  It takes a little practice, but it is so worth it.  Gravy goes on it all!  Turkey, dressing and potatoes.

4.  Lazy days.  I love having a four day weekend, eating like crazy, and lazing around the house relaxing.

5.  Family.  Thanksgiving always involves family, whether it is your immediate family or extended family.  It is always fun to hang out, play games, and be unhurried.

6.  Naps.  The turkey gives you a built in excuse to squeeze in a quick snooze.

7.  Football.  I'm not always able to sit down and watch the whole game, but I do enjoy even the sounds of football on the TV.  It seems to be synonymous with relaxing and hanging out.

8.  Leftovers!!  These are the best leftovers ever.  This weekend I warmed up leftovers for 3 more meals!  And it was delicious every time!

9.  Sleeping in!  It's the first 4 day weekend since school started, and it is most assuredly needed to power through the rest of the first semester at school.

10.  Shopping.  Oh you know I wasn't going to leave that out!  I won't shop ON Thanksgiving, but I do love the Black Friday shopping.  I don't go out early anymore, simply because my kids are older and there aren't that many things that I need that badly.  But it is still fun to go out and have fun.  Just don't be in a hurry!

But most importantly, above all of those things listed about, it is all about THANKFULNESS of all of our many blessings.

A great weekend all around.  What is your favorite thing about the holiday?





No comments:

Post a Comment