Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Matching Chair for the Sewing Cabinet Makeover

During the 31 Days series I overhauled a vintage sewing machine cabinet into a little desk area.  But at the time I didn't have a chair to go with it......until now.

I bought this cute little ladder back for $2 at a recent auction.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  I had a different idea for a chair for the sewing cabinet, but since the opening is so narrow, that idea didn't pan out.  So I thought I'd try the chair.  It fits perfectly!


I decided to paint the chair black and then recover the seat with matching fabric to my bedroom. Because the seat is a bit old it has a sway to the center.  I added a foam cushion to even it out.   It was a very quick project....especially because spray paint is my friend!  Believe it or not, I used chalkboard spray paint.  I like the flat finish.



Perfect fit, perfect colors. Love it!

1 comment: