Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Lace and Light Garland for Christmas

Honesty, today the first post after 31 Days of writing, I almost put the 31 Days graphic at the top of this post!  Whew what a ride that was!  I'm so happy you all could follow along.  I am so appreciative of your words of encouragement, both here and on Facebook.

Here's a super quick project you could get started on now before Christmas!  I know.....unusual for me to be thinking Christmas already, because I, along with many of you, curse those stores that have Christmas decor out even before Halloween.....but I was at an Open House this weekend and it inspired me so I'll just go with it!

Buy a mini box of Christmas lights,  I bought a set of 20 clear.  Then I got out my old lace curtains.  I'm telling you guys, never pass those up when you see them at garage sales or the thrift store.  They can be used for so many things.....if you like lace like me, that is!

Anyway, I sat on the couch watching football last night tying knots of lace onto the strand of lights.


Cutting and tying took less than 30 minutes!  I won't leave it up here with my fall decor still up, but just wanted to show you.  I plan to use it with my Christmas mantel, which will be a mix of blue, white and silver.

Have you started thinking about Christmas yet?  I've even stashed away a few gifts already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment