Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bible Journaling

Welcome!  I am so happy to have you visiting today to share about bible journaling, or as some call it, Illustrated Faith.   Have you heard of it?  I just recently stumbled across it, totally by accident, and I was SO excited!!  It's a cross between bible study and scrapbooking....right up my alley!

What I really love about it?  Because you are engaging in an artistic endeavor, it really makes you slow down and meditate on the passage you are illustrating.

Want to see what I am talking about?  Oh good!  Take a look!!


Gorgeous right?

These are just a few examples that can be found on Pinterest.  I also just recently joined a Facebook group with members that encompass beginners to experts!  It is wonderful to connect with women of the word in this fun and fascinating way of studying God's word.

So today, just today, I started bible journaling.  I'm not the best artist, but I am a very visual person.  I love this kind of art that makes God's word stand out and be noticed!  It is such a fantastic way to highlight your favorite verses, ways God has spoken to you, and highlight sermon notes.

Want to see my pages?  I was afraid you were going to say that!  

My first page is Psalm 1, which was our Sunday sermon topic.  I really connected with the theme of being rooted in Christ.


This page is in II Corinthians, and I love the imagery of being transformed, like a caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly.


I don't have a lot of supplies yet, as I am just getting started.  But here is what I started with today: some colored pencils and pens and my sermon notes.  I also had a few stickers.


I just purchased an ESV journaling bible from Amazon.  I absolutely love the soft cover.  The font is a little small for my old eyes, but I do love the large margins.


If you want more information about bible journaling, you should click over to check out Shanna's website and the classes she offers.

So let's get our party stated, shall we?

Feel free to link up to three images today. The links will post in random order. My absolute cardinal rule with our linky party?  PLEASE PLEASE stop long enough at several of the entries to offer some encouragement by way of comments!!

Did I tell you how happy I am that you've come to visit today?  :)





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me link up. Can't wait to see who else comes to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard about journaling our faith story, but not right in the Bible. What an interesting idea. I already write in mine so some artistic (word used lightly) renderings would add to the way I see Scripture. Thanks for this idea and links. . . . By the way, I found I found you through your vent on 31 Days Survivors. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete