Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Tiny Little Table - 31 Days of Junque Decor




Hello!  Here we are at Day 6 already!  Today I want to share with you a super easy project that anyone can do!  I found this ugly little table at our Habitat Restore for $2.  Yep, you read that right!  It is HEAVY because of the humungous pieces of wood that someone used to build it!  Well it wasn't getting any love, sitting in the tall grass at the store.  I wasn't even sure it was for sale!



I brought it home with the intention of painting it, but then I was inspired to dress it up a little bit.  I used a very light coat of paint so that the wood grain showed up and looked older.


Then I went to find an old road map of Illinois, where we live!  I was sure to center the city where we live right in the middle of the table.  I then decoupaged the map onto the table.  Since the table was very rough hewn, I didn't worry about wrinkles, because a smooth surface just wasn't realistic.


Nothing says shabby like burlap and lace, right?  First layer was just burlap, then I added a wide lace, then added the burlap ribbon with pearls.  I just used a hot glue gun to attach all three.


And here she is sitting on my front porch.


Super easy project and super cheap too!  Can't get any better than that!  Sometimes ugly ducklings do turn into beautiful swans!


If you'd like to follow along with the 31 Days of Junque Decor series, here are a few posts you may have missed.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

I attended a flea market over the weekend and scored.  Don't worry.....you'll get to see it soon, but for now, here's a sneak peak!



What is your decorating style?

2 comments:

  1. Love the map idea! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWO DOLLARS?? What a steal! I have a soft spot for maps, so I can see I'm going to need to take notes as I read your series. Pinning this so I remember it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete