Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Shabby Straw Wreath - 31 Days of Junque Decor


 This is a super easy project that I KNOW you can do!  I purchased this straw wreath at the thrift store for $1.99.  I already had a roll of burlap at home and this lace.


I simply wrapped the wreath (I left the plastic on so the straw didn't shed) in the burlap and pinned the ends.  I pinned instead of gluing just in case I wanted to change my wreath in the future.

Then I wrapped just a few times around with the lace as well.  Again, I only pinned the back so I could change it.



I had a couple of lace flowers at home, so I hot glued those onto the lace.  This fabric is something I bought especially for the front porch several weeks ago.  I cut it into strips to hang out the bottom, and then used it again to hang the wreath.  I added a couple sprigs of dried lavender.


I have admired this frame at Michael's for quite some time, so I used my 40% off coupon to purchase it just for this project.  It is very versatile and I am sure I can use it again for another project.


It has now found it's new home on my front door.  

2 comments:

  1. I have a roll of burlap here that I didn't know what to do with. This would be easy and perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a cute idea! I love touches of burlap and lace.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete