Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ruler Box - 31 Days of Junque Decor


Day 4 !!

So I was wondering around the antique mall looking for something.  I just didn't know what that something was!  You know, I was waiting for it to catch my eye.  Well I found this ugly box for $2.  Not bad.  I could probably work with that.

I immediately thought that it needed some yard stick love.  Of course, those cost far more than the box itself!


So I took my sorry box home.  Not an antique, mind you.  Just a lonely, junky box.  I added a couple coats of white paint to cover the ugly particle, miss-matched wood.  Then I cut up my antique yard sticks.  Are they antique just because we don't use them anymore?  I used a brad nailer to attach them so that there weren't a bunch of screws distracting from the number goodness.



I decided after the rulers were added that it still needed a little something.  So I  added a stencil to the middle of the tray.  I'm not sure if I am a slow learner, but I had no idea there was such a thing as adhesive for the backs of stencils so the paint doesn't bleed through.  I was jumping up and down when I discovered this little secret.  Why had no one told me?





So now it's done and beautiful and sitting on my front porch on my new train table.  It's a nice little addition and a perfect place to store some magazines or do-dads or pinecones, or whatever I may find.

Can' wait to see you tomorrow to show off my pallet sign!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love old wooden rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would never have occurred to me to use rules, but how clever is that? The white is blue is classic, too. I love old boxes! I've had my eye out for one I can turn into a letter writing kit, to store all my supplies.

    ReplyDelete