Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Revamped Drawer to Book Case - 31 Days of Junque Decor


 

Well I made it all the way to day 17 without having to scramble to get a post up......that was a pretty good run!  I went to an auction last night and didn't have a post written and by the time I got home I was exhausted....plum tuckered out!  I got some fun junque though!  It's still in the van....too tired to unload all of it last night.

So here's what I have for you today.....stolen right off of my neighbors curb before the garbage truck could get there for it!


Just an old drawer.


All paint chippy, crackled and rusty.......just the way I like it!  All the hard work was done for me!



So I wanted to use this for additional book storage.  You know me and books, right?  No? Check out this post for a little more background!

Anyhoo.....the inside of the drawer was very dark, so I decided to line it with old sheet music.  You know, kinda like an old drawer liner?

So I got out my trusty Mod Podge and some old sheet music I had in my stash ('cause you never know when you'll need some music for a project, right?) and I went to work.


I left a few wrinkles here and there to add to it's authenticity of old.



Now the inside is nice and bright and cheery with music! Took 15 minutes, tops.  These little projects are so easy to do, so cheap, so fast.....you really should try it!


Ready for my little book corner.




A nice cozy book corner.  Nothing better than that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment