Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pennant Banner - 31 Days of Junque Decor


Remember my vintage window I shared last week?   Today I want to share how easy it is to make the pennant banner, one with sewing and one without.



I picked out a stencil at Hobby Lobby that I liked for this project.  I simply used a small bottle of acrylic black paint and sponged it on over the stencil.  The fabric I used was an old tablecloth I had picked up at a garage sale for a quarter.  It's a creamy linen color.


I picked up a length of this vintage lace at a recent flea market.  I knew it would come in handy for some project.



I simply sewed across the top of the lace and each triangle, keeping it all one continuous length.



 It looks fantastic across my vintage window.


Now if you don't sew or having a sewing machine, you can still easily make a banner with fabric glue.  You can find this in the sewing section at Hobby Lobby.


For this banner I am using burlap that I cut into triangles.  I used the same stencil for these letters, but chose a barn red color.


This glue was pretty thick, so I used a paint brush to apply the glue to the burlap.  Then I simply laid the lace down on top of the burlap.  It dries very quickly.


Super easy and beautiful!  Come on back tomorrow and I'll show off the rest of my Autumn mantel.  This is just a sneak peek!


It's so easy!! Think you might try it?

1 comment: