Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Pallet Storage Box - 31 Days of Junque Decor


Shoes. A family of 5.  Shoes......too many shoes.....

They drive me crazy!

Admittedly, my family isn't the best at picking up after themselves, but the shoes around here.....they're everywhere!

So I have set out to make a couple of pallet boxes to disguise the storage of all those shoes!

I once again started with cutting off lots of pallet slats.  It's so much easier when I don't have to get whole boards off!


Husband was very sweet and gave me helping hands today to hold everything while we worked together.  We added 1x2s to the corners for stability.


When working with pallet boards, you know you will ALWAYS encounter warped boards, and many imperfections.  Don't worry about it!  The thing about working with junk....it isn't perfect....so don't expect your finished product to be perfect either.  We were sure to use some wood glue to help give more stability.  Because not all the pallets are necessarily the same width, we used nails between for spacers in hopes of evening out the inconsistencies.  I LOVE the brad nailer.  It makes construction so much faster!


I bet you are really jealous right now at all the stuff in our garage!  *sigh*


I bought an old leather belt at Goodwill to use as the handles.  I wasn't sure how I was going to attach them.  I didn't know Husband owned a rivet gun!  It worked perfectly!


Our finished box!


It will now live on the bottom shelf of a baker's rack we have in the kitchen by the backdoor that is our "catch all" for phones, purses, bags.....and SHOES!

I had planned on staining this box, but I think I will leave it raw.  I like the variations of the natural boards.

A perfect place to hide shoes!


Linking up today:

Etcetorize
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

1 comment:

  1. That's a great pallet project....I love how you used a leather belt for the handles! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete