Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hay Loft Door - 31 Days of Junk Decor


This is a good one!  Several weeks ago I dragged Husband 2 hours from home to attend a new flea market.  I convinced him it was a fantastic date!  (Boy he must love me!)

I am always keeping my eyes open for salvaged wood of any kind, especially barn wood.  We turned the corner at that flea market and my eyes about popped out of my head.....there in front of us was an entire truck bed of barn wood!!!  Squeeeee!!!  Did you hear my giggles of delight where you live?

There was an entire barn door, yes about 10 feet by 8 feet.  It was GORGEOUS!  I knew I didn't have room in my house for it, but I sure envied the person that DID have room for it!  I joked with the man that I wanted that door, but just in a little smaller size.  He got a big grin on his face and motioned me in another direction.  Y'all my heart stopped, just for a moment.

This little door was waiting there just for me!  Yes, it's a hayloft door.  A perfect, beautiful, weathered, rusty hayloft door!!


And it is now hanging in my living room, next to my barn board sconces that I showed you yesterday.  My first idea was to add a shelf to it, but the longer I looked at it the more I loved it just the way it is.  Tomorrow I will be adding a barn board shelf below, so be sure to come back and see that addition.



Just gorgeous!


It's a piece of art as is and I love it!

Have I shocked you with this piece?  Not your ordinary home decor, huh?


FFButtonresized200

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I would have loved finding a piece like that!!! I've featured you on Friday Favorites! Thanks for linking up!!
    http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2014/10/link-party-friday-favorites-85-features.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I'm honored! So glad you like it!

      Delete