Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

First Experience with Chalk Paint - 31 Days of Junque Decor


So remember this post about the ladder on the front porch?  That box holding the hydrangeas?


Well I really wanted it to be white.  It was time to try a bit of chalk paint.  Here's the box with 2 coats.


Then I got the sander out to take off some of that paint.  Now I may have waited a few days too long and it got REALLY hard to remove!  I had to use a lot of elbow grease, even with an electric sander!


I used a dark wax that I applied with a tshirt and a brush....just doing a little experimenting.  I also decided to add a touch of blue chalk paint as well.


Then finished it off with the clear wax for a smooth finish.


Then back to the front porch it went.




It sure brightened it up a bit!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your posts and just got all caught up on them!

    ReplyDelete