Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Cabinet Door Creation - 31 Days of Junque Decor



I picked up this cabinet door at a garage sale for $1.00 this summer and haven't gotten around to doing anything with it.  I always knew I wanted to scrap something onto it because it is a perfect shape for paper!


I wanted to put a door handle on it, just because they are cool!  I bought this old box full of miscellaneous stuff at an estate sale earlier this summer, and it has all kinds of hooks and knobs to choose from.  I found the perfect rusty one to go with the cabinet.


 I thought Matthew 7:7 was a perfect scripture to print for this piece of art.  "Ask and it will be given to you; Seek and you will find; Knock and the door will be opened to you."  Perfect for a door, right? I printed it from Photoshop and then inked the paper and edges.

The sunflower is something I've had in my stash for a while, just because it was pretty. The lace was white and I sprayed it with Tim Holtz's new Spray Distress Stains. Oh how easy it was!

 

It goes perfectly in my blue and brown bathroom.


1 comment: