Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Barn Wood trays - 31 Days of Junque Decor


I'm really excited about this project.  It is exactly what I was looking for to add to my ladder.  I combined pallet wood with barn wood. This gray, weathered wood is my favorite color because it really can go with most any decor.


You always need the right tools for the job right?  So of course I went for the Ryobi.  This is a mini circular saw that is really easy to handle.  Much lighter than a standard circular saw.


The nice thing about this project is that I only needed small pieces of pallet, so I could cut straight through the pieces without having to remove those dreaded nails!!


The bottoms of the trays will be pallet wood and the sides.....


Enter beautiful barn wood!

So I got started on cutting the pallet boards for the bottoms.  Each tray is sized so that they stair step down the ladder.  So the top tray is much smaller than the top tray.  The table saw was perfect for cutting these bottom pieces.


I cut the barn boards down the middle so that they are only about 2 inches tall.


I put my frame together using a brad nailer.  I really like it because it is fast and easy and they don't show on this old wood.


On each box, even though they are different sizes, I used 3 pieces of pallet board.  I just spaced them differently.


On the back wall of the tray, I was sure to make the "pretty" side of the barn board face outward so I could enjoy it instead of the back side of a board.



So my three boxes were ready!


And they work perfectly!  I am so excited how they turned out.  I couldn't get my pretty things out there fast enough!


A perfect spot for my beloved blue Mason jars.


A couple vintage wicker baskets and some dried roses...


Oh the love!


See those beautiful dried hydrangeas?  We're going to talk about those a little later in the series.  And the box they are in....it is getting a makeover very soon as well!  The blue lantern was one of my favorite finds at a recent estate sale.

Do you see yourself decorating with an old ladder?

Linking Up;

Not A Trophy Wife

Home and Garden Button



9 comments:

  1. Love it, so cute! I will go pin it for ya, so the rest of the world can see the cuteness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting.....and thanks for the pin!

      Delete
  2. I am in awe of both your industriousness, and your eye for potential beauty. Pinning so I remember this project after we're done moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a transformation! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. It has been a fun process.

      Delete