Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Barn Wood Sconces - 31 Days of Junque Decor


I recently bought an 8 foot piece of barn wood, all red and gorgeous!  I wanted to get as much mileage out of it as I could, so it will appear in a couple of different projects.

I loved this weathered end of the board and wanted to save it for my sconces.


This end of the board, not so much!


We decided to try to weather up this end as well to try to match the other end.  First we took the jigsaw to it to cut out some jagged pieces.


 This is how it ended up looking after the cuts.  Then I started taking sand paper and a hammer and everything else I could think of that would beat it up a bit.


I found some beautiful weathered hooks at Hobby Lobby that I thought would be perfect for this project.


Then it was time to add my beautiful mercury jars!  I love mixing junque decor with a modern touch!


Hopefully by the time I was done weathering the left sconce, you won't even be able to tell which is which!


I am loving how they look on either side of the living room windows.


Hopefully very soon I'll show you the Hayloft door that matches this wood!  Can't wait to get it hung up in the living room as well!


1 comment: