Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Autumn Mantel - 31 Days of Junque Decor


As I promised yesterday, I am ready to share my fall mantel with you!  I love having a fireplace, even if it is tiny, to showcase some of my favorite things.

A few weeks ago I was on a Facebook site for our local community that people post things for sale, or things they are looking for.  I mentioned I was looking for shutters.  A few days later, a lady contacted me and said she had some blue ones (my favorite), would I be interested?  Well....of course!  Didn't even have to think about that one.  She even delivered them to me!



 Oh I love it!

These darling clips I picked up at a store in Morris, Illinois called Whimsy.  It is a shabby chic paradise!  The smaller white shutters I also got at the 3 French Hens flea market in Morris.


And here's my banner you saw yesterday


I love my blue Mason jars!  These are actual real tree clippings.  We'll see how long they last in water.  Haven't tried that before.



It's a big wall and I like how the shutters filled the space.  I think they are taller than the fireplace!  But I like it.  We'll see where else these blue shutters may end up!


Since I have been so busy creating for this writing series, I haven't done much fall decorating.  But this does a nice job in the living room.  It was pretty quick to throw together, especially when I brought the outdoors in!

Tomorrow I'm going to show you how to preserve those beautiful fall leaves.  You won't believe what I've done to freeze that beautiful color!


See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. OH, those blue shutters are amazing-great score! And your leaves are so vibrant! Your mantel looks great :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, you are so sweet to stop by! Love your blog!!

      Delete