Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

A Vintage Hanger to Welcome Sign - 31 Days of Junque Decor



It's Day 31!!!!

We've made it!!

I hope you've had fun along this journey with me.  It was a LOT of work, but I loved every minute of creating.  It really feeds my soul.

Now that we're at the end, I sure hope you will continue to come on back to the blog and join me on a regular basis.  I have LOADS more projects to share with you that are still sitting around my house half done!  I have many ideas floating around inside my head at the moment as well!  Plus I have some other fun craft projects to share that don't necessarily fit into the "junque" category!

So here's my final project, a Welcome sign for our front porch.  This is my first experiment with chalkboard paint.

I started with a vintage suit hanger and a metal sign that I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $2.00.  It's been in my stash for awhile, but I couldn't pass up that price at the time!


The first coat of my paint was very thin.  I'm not sure if I chose a cheap quality or if this is what to expect since it was my first time.  It took 3 layers of chalkboard paint before I was satisfied with the result.


I glued on a strip of lace at the bottom, just to fancy it up a bit.  My chalkboard handwriting isn't really up to par, it will need some practice, but this will be fine for now.  I have added it to the vintage ladder on the front porch.



And that's a wrap!  Thank you all for joining me on this 31 Days of Junque Decor journey!!

If you'd like to find more vintage decor ideas, feel free to follow my Shabby Chic/Cottage and Decorating Pinterest boards.

1 comment:

  1. Love it again. Writing with chalk takes lots of practice. There are pieces of chalk that actually look like a pencil (sort of) and it does make it easier! I'll be visiting the Froelich Diaries weekly. I've enjoyed everything Cherie!

    ReplyDelete