Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Ridiculous Love



Our church started a series this week called "Ridiculous-Living like Christ in a Love Starved World".  Our first sermon was based on I John 4:19, "We love because He first loved us."  It was a great message and got me thinking.

God doesn't ask us to love only the lovely.  He asks us to love everyone.  I know I haven't always done that well.  Sometimes I even have a hard time loving my own family!

Ridiculous love was shown by Christ when he died on a cross to save me from my sin.  He loved fully, without demands.  Even more ridiculous, the love Jesus displayed was ridiculed instead of received.  It was threatened instead of embraced.  Every attempt in history has been made to eradicate this love from society.  No one can defeat it.  And it is still the kind of love the world longs for - unconditional, ridiculous.

The love of God is never-ending and all consuming.  It has been burning for you and me for all eternity and always will.

So as I ponder these truths, I am convicted.....

...I must love everyone....

...lovely and ugly....

....rich and poor....

....popular and unpopular.....

....difficult and easy.....

....everyone.....

I work at the front desk of a high school.  Trust me when I say that these truths are tested everyday.   I know God has placed me there for a purpose.  I often refer to it as my mission field.  So many that are hurting, so many that are lost, so many that are unloved, so many that are ignored.  So I must love them, because God first loved me.

.....and He loves them too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment