It was barely holding itself together, coming apart at all of the corners. It's beautiful woodwork missing some pieces. Honestly I just wasn't sure where to begin! So I headed to Menards!
I needed to find something to hold those corners together, so I went hunting for brackets. Found the perfect "L"s to hold it all together.
Now since the joints actually had space that you could see light through, I decided I needed to get out the big clamps to hold it all together so they were nice and tight again while I added the brackets.
Then I got out our Ryobi tools from Home Depot! I love these tools. They all have interchangeable battery packs, so there are no cords to fight. Just recharge the batteries on a charging station and they are ready to go the next time. So simple! (And I'm not even paid to tell you that !) You can see they are well used!!
I predrilled the holes for the screws because the wood is so old and brittle, I didn't want to risk cracking it. Also because the frame was different levels, I wanted to be sure that the screws would not go through the front.
Then it was time for brackets. Again, since the wood is so dry, I was careful not to tighten the screws too tight for fear of cracking the wood.
There was an old wire used for hanging the frame, so I just reused that, shortened it up a bit, for a hanging area.
And then I was done!
I quickly threw some scrapbook paper on a couple clothespins and added a bit of bling.
And it was all ready to hang in my bedroom. But it was missing just one thing, a little beauty. So of course, I turned to some printables from the lovely Ann Voskamp.
So after three years (or so) my shabby frame has a new home!
Linking up today: