I am so excited to announce this fun and new challenge for all you thrift shop loving girls out there! I know many of you love a great bargain at the thrift store, and I've seen some of the things you have rehabbed to look AH-MAZE-ING. So I thought it would be fun to put some challenge into it!
Each first Monday of the month I will have a challenge posted here and a linky party for you to show off your fabulous entries. What kind of challenges you ask? I can't wait to tell you!
Our first challenge is to upscale, make, or rehab something with DENIM. The sky is the limit for your creativity, but here are a few rules.
- At least one item of your project must be made with something you bought at a thrift store or garage sale. This month that could be the denim from a pair of jeans or something you choose to add or cover in denim to make a new creation.
- You must provide a before photo of the item you are refurbishing.
- Just for fun, you can include the price you paid for your thrift item.
- You are encouraged to use supplies that you already have on hand at home. The fun of the challenge is to do it as cheaply as possible!
- If your idea came from Pinterest, please give credit back to the originator.
- You may include a tutorial or just the photos, whatever you would like.
- The link party will open on Monday mornings and remain open until Saturday evening. This should hopefully give you enough time to create!
I am so happy with how it turned out!
I bought a hideously ugly wreath for $1.99 and a pair of jeans for $2.99 at the thrift store. Isn't it lovely?
I brought the wreath home and tore everything off to get down to the straw and started over. I simply cut the jeans into strips to wrap around the wreath and used my glue gun to secure them. I then just played around trying to make a few different looking flowers. The reverse side of the jeans adds some nice texture and color interest, don't you think?
It goes well on my front porch of yellow and blue:
So just in case you'd like a head start, here is the project calendar for the next couple months:
October -Pumpkins! Nothing says fall like pumpkins. Find a pumpkin to redecorate or create a pumpkin out of something else. Think outside the box!
November - Framed Art. Pick up a piece of framed art that you can rehab and create something marvelous!
December -Decoupage. Choose anything that you can decoupage to breath new life into. Want an extra challenge? Make it gift worthy!!
After you've linked up your fabulous project here, why don't you add it to the party over at Creative Me Monday? I'm also linking to the Wreath Party over at The Nesters.
I can't wait to get this party started and see all of your fabulous creations!