Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

More Work to the Front Gardens!

I've been working diligently on the front gardens this spring.  The changes are slow in coming, but by the time I am done, I know you will see a big difference!  This is the same bed where the tulips were in the early spring.  While they were still blooming, I planted creeping phlox and candytuft so they could bloom together next spring.

Since then I added three sweet little geraniums to the front.  Grieder's Landscaping has a very nice selection of perennials and they are so reasonably priced!  Bill sent me home with these cute little things...thanks Bill!

I think perennial geraniums(cranesbill) are one of the most under-used plants for the garden!  They enjoy lots of sun, but can take some shade.  Within just a few years by little plants will look like this beautiful specimen!

I've also added a new plant to me called Flax(Linum Perenne).  I couldn't find this plant at any of my local nurseries so I had to mail order it.  I planted three very small plants, but it should grow quickly!


And will eventually look like this!


I think it will be beautiful along the brick path and behind those geraniums!  I think I may add some daisies as well, but I haven't gotten that far yet!

I can't wait to head out to Grieder's this week to order my bulk mulch delivery!  My garden is in deep need of mulch to keep the weeds away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment