I don't remember what I was thinking, but I put it on the wrong side of the fence. I'm sure I had a reason for that decision at the time, but it just didn't work. The water only trickled out of the hose if it came out at all, and we decided it just wasn't high enough off the ground.
So off to the garage I went to find some scrap wood to make a table for the barrel. We had some 4x4 pieces around and a formica board. I have no idea where that came from, but it was perfect for my project.
Now we're talking! We raised it up about another 18 inches, which really helped create more water pressure to go through the hose. I've planted some four o'clocks in the container under the trellis that will help hide that great big blue barrel!